Upon the early dawn of the thirteen day in the third week of the fifth month in the year 10,165 Contasta Ar, I ventured down to the ships at port in search of the latest fashion. From the cries of various merchants came the high voice of one female in particular. Curious, I had stopped to see her sale. At this juncture, I was told by this deep voiced woman that she had the finest gown made from the richest fabric that this side of Gor had ever seen. Of course I had to get it upon inspection. The deep blue was vibrant and patterned with golden colored thread upon the edges. It was to die for! The merchant assured me that this was a one of a kind dress that was surely fit for only the high caste and it didn't take long for me to shell over nearly two weeks pay for it. Upon the day I had chosen to wear the garment I came across the Lady Merriel, the innkeeper, wearing the same exact thing. Then to add to my horror, the Lady Slaver, Auriel, approached wearing the same thing. I've decided upon finding that questionable merchant again I will seek payment for this embarrassment of a fashion faux.
[2015/08/02 18:44] Vika Turmis (acedah): /me looks to the stranger as he offers up one of the girls "Truly, I am craving tea. How about you Merriel?" she questions thoughtfully. "Or perhaps food?" She looks to the man with Lavinia kneeling so closely. "If it wouldn't trouble you too much....Sir Dwyvan. A few Ehn or two of one of their set of hands would be plenty I'm sure." She sweeps her gown out of her way as she takes a few steps towards the other Lady as she introduces herself. "I am Lady Vika Turmis, High Council Scribe of the port." Reaching out, rude as she was, she takes a handful of the Lady's sleeve and inspects it closely. "It would also appear I have the same merchant selling me a dress that was high end one day and obviously lower the next. Though it is of course stunning on you as well Lady Merriel," she says with a tight smile.
[2015/08/02 18:45] Merriel: /me glances at her gown and laughs. "We will need to schedule their wearing."
[2015/08/02 18:51] Vika Turmis (acedah): /me takes a little more time glancing between Merriel's gown and her own. Deciding that her's was more finely made in her own head, she smiles and preens like well feathered bird. "Here is as good as any place...." she says, looking to the man curiously. She always hoped for news from the outside. "Or perhaps we can venture to have such a traveler join us in the tea room as well." Blinking, she clears her throat at his question. "Of course not. Tis only a scroll of babbling run ons of course. Obviously one of little consequence in writing ability. Mayhaps it's from a child just learning to write." Her fingers curl more tightly around the yellowed paper.
[2015/08/02 19:23] Auriel Rex (lkeiser6): /me grabs two hand fulls as she huffs into the veil and trudges up the hill only to find it full of people. Emerald eyes scan the group as she nods and makes her way to the other free women. "Greetings Lady Vika.. Lady Merriel" she says then stops in her tracks looking at the other merchant. "Well well... what a lovely gown."
[2015/08/02 19:25] Merriel: /me grins as she chokes on her tea, "Yesssss, I was thinking the same of yours." she says laughing.
[2015/08/02 19:25] Auriel Rex (lkeiser6): /me starts to laugh more when she realizes what Vika is wearing. "Well well.. this is rather.. funny."
[2015/08/02 19:26] Vika Turmis (acedah): /me turns away from June as she hears Auriel's all too familiar voice. "Truly, an unsightly thing. Lady Auriel you really should punish them with rep sacks or somet....." her voice trails off as she sees the same gown on Auriel. "Really!?" She looks between Merriel, Auriel, and then finally herself. "Per chance were you ladies told by a traveling merchant that this gown was one of a kind and that it was made of the finest fabric?"
[2015/08/02 19:26] Merriel: "that will teach me not to buy from traveling seamstresses with really deep voices. They were not ladies at all, I think."
